Mercury Poisoning

Mercury Toxicity

sourced from: www.sanoviv.com

Mercury is among the most poisonous, non-radioactive, naturally occurring substances on this planet. It is far more toxic than lead, arsenic, or cadmium and the World Health Organization has stated that there is no known safe level for mercury. Mercury is classified as a neurotoxin. It can readily cross the blood brain barrier, and can seriously impair the health and function of the brain and central nervous system. Mercury has been associated with a number of emotional and psychological problems, such as memory loss, mood swings, anxiety, and depression, to name a few. The earliest, and most common, symptoms resulting from chronic mercury poisoning are neurological. Research has identified the presence of mercury in some of the most severe diseases and disorders of the brain and central nervous system. Some of the more well-known of these are; chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis, (MS), Alzheimer's disease, ALS, and Parkinson's disease.

But the destruction mercury can cause to the body is not limited to the nervous system. It kills cells (cytotoxic) and can damage the endocrine, immune, cardiovascular, enzymatic, gastrointestinal, reproductive, and urinary systems. It can interfere with, or overload, the natural detoxification pathways of the liver, kidneys, skin, and intestine. Mercury can cause the depletion of the body's supply of many critically important antioxidants, especially the body's number one antioxidant, glutathione. It causes autoimmune disease and stimulates allergic reactions. In addition, mercury can increase the resistance of harmful intestinal flora, including Candida albicans, to treatment by antibiotics and other drugs. Mercury can also cause a great deal of cellular and tissue damage by generating an excessive amount of harmful free radicals, known to be the major cause of all degenerative diseases. Mercury and Childhood Health

Mercury can also have a devastating effect on the health of the fetus, nursing babies, and the developing child. Mercury can readily cross the placenta and the majority of mercury released from the mother's mercury/amalgam fillings will end up in the fetus. The fetus is much more at risk to the harmful affects of mercury than are adults. In addition, the fetus does not yet have a functional detoxification system or adequate antioxidant protection needed to defend itself against mercury. It can also enter breast milk and is thus passed directly to the vulnerable baby via nursing. This means that a pregnant or nursing mother, having mercury/amalgam fillings, will potentially expose that fetus and the nursing child to very harmful levels of mercury.

The baby or child is also exposed to toxic doses of mercury from the most common childhood vaccinations. Mercury, used as a preservative, makes up at least 50% of each vaccination. Mercury has now been included as a causative factor in autism, which increased dramatically in the later part of the last century; from 2001 to 2002 autism in California increased by 31%. There is no doubt about the toxicity of mercury and you and your child should not even be in the same room with it, let alone have it in your teeth. (Please note that we do not recommend having amalgam fillings placed or removed during pregnancy or while nursing. Nor do we recommend placing them in anyone's teeth, especially young children.) Mercury/Amalgam Fillings

Many of you are aware of the controversy that existed regarding whether or not mercury is released from amalgam fillings. Thanks to modern technology that long-running controversy has been resolved. There are now sophisticated analytical instruments that can accurately record the amount of mercury vapor released from amalgam fillings. At Sanoviv we are using such an instrument and there is no longer any doubt that everyone with amalgam fillings is being continuously exposed to mercury.

The amount of mercury that is released from amalgam fillings is dependent on a number of factors. Obviously the number, size, and length of time these fillings have been present are important considerations. The type of amalgam used is also significant, with the newer amalgam fillings releasing 10 times as much mercury as those placed 10 to 15 years ago. The amount of mercury released is also increased by such routine procedures as eating, drinking hot liquids, and tooth brushing. In addition, teeth grinding (it is estimated that at least 50% of the population grind their teeth) and chewing gum can dramatically increase the release of mercury from amalgam fillings.

There are over 225 million people in the United States and Canada with mercury/amalgam fillings. In the majority of cases the daily amount of mercury released by amalgam fillings will far exceed the acceptable levels for mercury set by all govern-mental regulatory agencies. The mercury released from amalgam fillings is by far the leading source of mercury exposure, with mercury found in seafood a distant second.

Regardless of how many mercury/amalgam fillings you have, or whether or not you now have any obvious symptoms of mercury toxicity, you will have mercury stored in your body. Its ultimate effect will be determined by the above factors, the overall state of your health, and your body's ability to naturally detoxify itself of mercury.

Mercury poisoning from amalgam fillings is considered chronic and will often accumulate faster than the body can detoxify and remove it. It is known to gradually build up in cells, tissues, and organs, until symptoms of mercury poisoning are experienced. The only effective way to reverse the damage done to your body by mercury is to remove the source of the poison (amalgam fillings) and then to remove the mercury that has accumulated in your body.

Get Help Now